|That So Raven|
|Season 2, Episode 20|
|Air date||October 12, 2013|
Trust the Nidas Touch
Halloween Special 2013
A pair of glowing eyes are shown in the darkness, meaning that raven has been deployed from starport. An observer is scared away before it could be detected by one of two ravens from behind. Both ravens fly towards zerg hive cluster.
Several drones are seen harvesting minerals busily. A drone sees a shadow on the mineral field, and notices two ravens, and one of them says, "all your base are belong to us!". Drone is doubtful at the warning, so a raven unloads an Auto-turret to bust him down. The other drones flee, but one burrows unluckly, only to be easily detected by raven and the turret shoots him.
Three remaining drones take cover behind the hatchery, and angered queen marches forward to shoot spikes. But the raven's Point defense drone deflects her spikes away with laser instantly. Two more Auto-turrets are dropped to shoot her, who tries to wrap herself from shots.
Swarm of hydralisks crawl by to retaliate, but a raven activates a seeker missile of which its laser aims at the middlemost hydralisk. Frightened, the swarm retreats, and one of them shoves the targeted hydralisk. However, he stands up in fear and crawls toward the group, making them screamed in panic. He leaps toward them but the missile reaches him and detonates, killing the group of hydralisks.
One of two ravens unload more Auto-turrets to attack the zerg base, but it says, "Darn. I appear to have 'Turrets Syndrome.'"
The second weeping queen laments over the dead queen, and pukes transfusion ability at her. She is revived and the former hugs her, much to her delight.
- This is the first episode in which an observer is fully opaque due to detection.
- This is the second major appearance of ravens since "Attention Seeker", not counting "Undermine the Overmind."
- There are four drones on their first appearance, but when the first turret attacks, there are five of them.
- Mineral Overlord can be seen on the background where the last hydralisk flees from a seeker missile.
Cultural references Edit
- Episode's title is a parody of Disney Channel's teen sitcom, That's So Raven.
- Raven's quote "All your base are belong to us" is a reference to famous engrish catchphrase from 1991 video game, Zero Wing.
- Another quote, "Darn. I appear to have 'Turrets Syndrome,'" is a reference to Tourette Syndrome, the neurological disorder involving facial tics and obscenity.